Cute valentines don't have to be a thing of our grade-school pasts! I find it's a great way to show a little bit of appreciation to coworkers and friends - not to mention an excuse to buy adorable candy. I started this tradition with my rock candy treat bags last year, and here's my new design just in time for Valentine's Day.
I wanted to incorporate a more permanent element to the gift as well (even after the last tasty star has vanished), so I added a astronomy related quote on the opposite side from Carl Sagan to hang up.
These are super easy and fun to make! You'll need:
- 4.75" x 3.5" clear treat bags (easy to find at your local craft store)
- Star-themed candy (I got mine from Candy Nation here)
Be warned - these sweet-tart candies are delicious. You may need to account for some surplus for snacking while you craft!
- Cardstock or heavyweight printer paper
- Color printer
- Scissors or X-acto knife
- Download the printable here!
(the colors may look different in your browser, but it will look the same as the design pictured once downloaded.)
- Print the pdf double-sided onto your card stock, and trim out each label square. Fold down the middle evenly.
- Fill your treat bag with a helping of candy, and fold the top of the bag over to ensure no stars will escape.
- Place your label around the folded edge of your treat bag, and staple towards the bottom edge.
- BAM - You have a fun valentine to give the stellar people in your life!
Enjoy! ♥ Brigette